Keeping the third eye chakra healthy with a combination of the third eye foods can enlighten your intuition and inner perception, literally. The 6th chakra thrives on brain food and purple fruits and vegetables (think Indigo). The pigments of indigo represent the ideas, dreams, values and inner connection to the universe. Here are the most nutritional foods that will help to balance the third eye chakra, opening that gateway into a higher realm of consciousness.
Follow the list of 5 Best Third Eye Foods:
- Blackberries, blueberries and all fruits containing a purple pigment are loaded with antioxidants. Also, note that the color indicates that they possess flavonoids, including resveratrol, which decreases blood pressure. Any time that the arterial walls are relaxed, circulation becomes greater.
- Plums and prunes contain phenols which are antioxidants that neutralize dangerous radicals that target brain cells and molecules.
- Purple vegetables, such as eggplant, purple kale, purple onions and purple cabbage, are a few examples of fresh vegetables that contain a variety of polyphenols that work to reduce inflammation in the body. It has recently been discovered that inflammation is the root of all major diseases by strangling our oxygen supply.
- Nuts, fish and flaxseed may not be purple, but they are very beneficial to providing the body with Omega-3s. It is a proven fact that people who don’t get enough omega-3s in their diet are at increased risk of developing dementia, depression, dyslexia and schizophrenia.
- Dark chocolate helps with mental clarity and causes the body to release serotonin (the feel-good hormone). No wonder so many people crave chocolate!
The third-eye chakra governs the brain, ears, eyes, nose and neurological system. Keeping the blood flow to these critical areas is essential in keeping this chakra in balance. If you have problems with headaches, panic, depression, hallucinations, dizziness, hormonal imbalance, insomnia and eyestrain, chances are that you need to work on developing a healthier diet for the third eye chakra.
Keep your eyes open for dark blue or purple fruits and vegetables in the produce section of your grocery store. There may be more choices for feeding your 6th sense than you ever imagined.