When we think of a blockage, we often look at a specific area. When a root chakra blockage occurs, there is no one location or feeling that can be pinpointed. Because this chakra is the primary energy source of the body and mind, multiple signs can occur. Not being grounded to the earth properly can affect any area and here are just a few examples:
- Feeling irritable for several days in a row.
- An increase in anxiety or worry over money or a job.
- Wanting to stay at home more but not feeling motivated to achieve anything.
- Suddenly unhappy in your career or where your life is headed.
- Not wanting to socialize with family and friends.
- Having a desire to visit local markets or farms.
- Craving comfort foods or the total opposite of having no appetite at all.
- Experiencing leg cramps and muscle spasms.
- Feeling that aligning your sleep cycle with the sunrise and sunset is important.
- Having a lack of clarity or feeling confused in life’s general purpose.
There are several other signs that may fit you personally, but these occur more frequently than others. A desire to disconnect with the world plagues most people. These feelings point to a disconnect with the earth and can leave you wandering about uselessly. Humans are social animals and it is not wrong to want to be alone from time to time. However, when these feelings increase to the point of disrupting life, you have totally become blocked from your root chakra.
At the first sign of any one of these symptoms, stop and evaluate how you feel both physically and mentally. Wanting to roam endlessly, without participating in life, suggests that action should be taken immediately to balance your root chakra. Realizing that you are becoming disconnected is the first step in knowing that your stability brought about by the earth, is beginning to diminish.
Losing a healthy root chakra is like trying to put a band-aid on a broken arm. Until the base problem is addressed, all other chakra’s could continue to remain unbalanced, as well.